Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Rat-Packer"

SkootzRodShop

well, i picked this up the other day at wal-mart, and couldnt wait to get started on it. I highly reccomend this kit, because its very very easy to put together, theres not much to it, and its a good kit to customize to the sky cause its so basic. I have yet to put some paint on it, i had a nice "Roth-style" silver flake job on it, but when i tried to put the orange candy over top of it, the paint decided to not coperate with me, so i grabbed my cleaner that i always use to strip paint off cause it doesnt screw with the plastic, but i grabbed the wrong container by mistake and grabbed laquer thinnner, so after imersing the whole body in laquer thinner, i set it outside in the sun to flash dry after the color rinsed off. didnt really do alot of damage just kinda took away some of the badges that were on the body, so ill just shave em off. The only thing i didnt really like with this kit was that the tires were plastic and on the trees.

100_0156.jpg

100_0157.jpg

100_0159.jpg

100_0160.jpg

100_0163.jpg

im gunna try to do some wiring on this engine today, key word is try.

100_0164.jpg

100_0165.jpg

100_0166.jpg

thanks for looking and comments are always welcome!!!

i was at w/m the other day and found 2 of these too. i like the awb cars because that was when i was introduced to drag racing. looking at yours,

one can really see how they pulled such big wheelstands back then,huh.

i am going to build one of mine as chevy 2 much and i am not sure what to do with the other one. maybe use it for parts to build some other awb car. yours sure looks good i must say. like the color too.