Model Cars Magazine Forum

completed WILSON HOPPER BOTTOM

ok everyone here is the truck i called 2nd chance and a 2011 wilson hopper bottom.

the truck is a revell 359 kit strait from box. done in taymila mica blue and flack back. its modeled after a friends truck. the trailer is modeled after the trailer i pull

it took me about 3 months on and off to model. the trailer is a scale 20 inches long and done in the 1/25 scale.

the hoppers them selves happen to be the hardest part was getting the angles right and smooth. i would guess the hole trailer has about 100 pieces.

i made each hopper then copied the frist one once i got it right it was them glued together the rapped in the outside ribbed sheets. its painted a tamilya chrome color. the lights are flat plastic cut to shape and size. the tarp was made for me by a old mennonite lady down the street from me. its mounted on the riht side with electric tape till i find a good way to mount to trailer. even thouth its thin fabric its hard to mount with scale size items.

but the tarp does role open and close.

the yellow tarp straps are just yellow ribbion wrap i picked up at acmoore. the ribs are made from half round plastic. the tandoms are scracth built using plastic tube, wheel are from a othe 379 kit that didnt work out so well. the rear suspention isnt as perfect as i wanted its scratch built. the kit i wanted to do it with was outta stock, but this was more of a proto type to see if i could do it.

im really happy with the outcome of this trailer and its loved buy alot of fellow drivers who now are requesting i build them one

i hope you guys like it please feel free to ask any questions and leave any comments

gary

My link

Edited by dabelltoller

how about some plans here you go

mesure mesure mesure!!!!!!

well now that i have this one done, im going to do another one and keep track and log every piece and order its put together. im really thinking it be fun to master it and one day make it as a kit, wonder if it would sale ? but thank you it was really simple in the end just alot of trial and error. i never did scrach build before and this was my secound model after not modeling for about 15 years. but yes when i do the next for a friend ill make a parts list and keep track of it for ya.