Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here is a recent car I built Ohio George's Mr Gasket Gasser

i say, i must agree with ron, where are the pic's? don't be a photo hog. i have recently started aquiring cars and decals to build alot of the drag racing legends and this is one i want to build too. just a great model. congratulations on an excellent build. hey everbody, this guy has got some skills.

• 4 months later...
Just a stunning build Len - I too have admired this.

I have Ohio's 67 Malco Gasser in pieces, and (most of the) parts to build a twin-turbo version of this car - won't be near as fine as yours, but wish me luck!

Let me know if you have any questions. I have done a fair amount of research on the Blue Malco Gasser.

Let me know if you have any questions. I have done a fair amount of research on the Blue Malco Gasser.

Why thank you Len. Actually, perhaps you can help me if you have the Sept 1967 issue of Car Craft (has the Malco Gasser feature - AND the Linda Vaughan interview :rolleyes: ). After more than a year searching eBay, I finally bought a copy, but it is missing pages. If you have it, and could scan page 44 and send me, I'd be ever so grateful. I think it shows some interior and exterior paint details. Also, any suggestions on paint colours to use?

Edited by ricki

Why thank you Len. Actually, perhaps you can help me if you have the Sept 1967 issue of Car Craft (has the Malco Gasser feature - AND the Linda Vaughan interview :rolleyes: ). After more than a year searching eBay, I finally bought a copy, but it is missing pages. If you have it, and could scan page 44 and send me, I'd be ever so grateful. I think it shows some interior and exterior paint details. Also, any suggestions on paint colours to use?

I don't have the mag but may have some digital pictures. I was going to use Black Gold HOK light blue with a metal flake clear on top.

• 1 year later...
Ohio George's Mr Gasket Gasser.

DSC00834mod-vi.jpg

Hi, Len !

I'm new to the board, brought here by searching for info on the Malco gasser. Your model is great ! But I need to ask: did you build it from the origional kit? I had one,long ago, and could have sworn it had the 69 front clip. however, a friend on another board swears it only had the 65/66 type nose ! I am positive mine was built right from the kit. Any help would be appreciated. Ron Sherlin

Actually this one was built from a resin copy of the Clear Body 69 1 piece body. I have a couple left if you are interested.

The 67 Blue car did have the 66 grill opening even though the rest of the car was a 67. It was recently re-released but does not have the hood bubble.

• 5 months later...