Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Downside to Roadster Ownership

I leave my office today...its raining outside. I put my phone and wallet in a plastic bag, put on my gloves and helmet and prepare to get wet. I walk to the bike, crank it, sit on the wet seat and carefully roll out of the parking lot. Exactly 1/4 of a mile up the road the rain stops and the road is dry.....and stayed dry all 20 miles to home...

And if the suit was at home....It would of rained the whole way home....B) B) B)

REAL hot rods don't have fenders or tops and are meant to be driven! That guy in that roadster get's more kudo's from me than a room full of trailer queen owners and their cars! IMHO, if you haven't been caught in the rain at least once in your hot rod, you aren't a full fledged hot rod owner.....that man's not a warrior...he's simply a man who loves his hot rod and isn't afraid to drive it. He's the backbone of the sport.

Jeremy drove this to Saturdays show in the rain.

RatRodReadyForShow-vi.jpg

He reported that they got pretty wet but since he put so much work in the car during the week, (New clutch, engine paint and more rattle can black here and there) that he was darned if he'd let a little rain get in the way. :huh:

Jairus,

Is that in Portland at the expocenter?

REAL hot rods don't have fenders or tops and are meant to be driven! That guy in that roadster get's more kudo's from me than a room full of trailer queen owners and their cars! IMHO, if you haven't been caught in the rain at least once in your hot rod, you aren't a full fledged hot rod owner.....that man's not a warrior...he's simply a man who loves his hot rod and isn't afraid to drive it. He's the backbone of the sport.

if this were facebook I'd hit "like" on this comment...well said!