Model Cars Magazine Forum

Suggestions Needed:Paint scheme and engine for this kit.TIA

Abell82

Rather than starting a new project, I dug up this one. And realised why I had put it away, I have no paint scheme or engine ideas for it!! It will need a BIG engine to go with that big hood, any suggestions?

100_0079.jpg

100_0080.jpg

This body was from my junk box, it had been previously built, before I performed a bit of body work to it.. I made the hood for it, but it turned out a bit MORE than I meant for it too!! The windows are "well glued" hence the masking tape.

Black. Definetly black....maybe with some semi-gloss black wheels. That would be sinister.

As for the engine, how about something along the lines of the Matt and Debbie Hayes Thunderbird Revell did years ago? Twin turbo with some custom air intake piping to fit under that scoop.

a boss 429 mill, with mechanical injection( with short stacks) converted to efi( add the injectors and fuel rails)......

Wow. That's exactly what I was going to say. Use the old Monogram Pro Stock/Pro Street Thunderbird engine. Strip the chrome or gold off the valve covers and use a metalizer-type paint on them...or go bananas and smooth them out and cover with carbon fiber decals.

As for paint, I'm partial to purples and blues. Check out Irvin Arter's '50 Cadillac for some nice color.

There's enough room under that seriously domed hood for the huge valve covers of a Ford 427 SOHC and man, would THAT be a righteous sight in that 'Stang's engine bay or what! BTW Andy's right about the SOHaCk motor in the AMT '33 Willys. It's the best representation of that classic mill.