Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thank you Bill and Jordan for info on this project.I've been doing some reach on this project.looking at the different truck looks and models at the truckpaper.it seem to me that this truck can be the 2500.....talking body or cab.but the 3500 looks different in the hood.I will be doing some more reseaching on the info you have talked about to find pictures and measurements.so the engine in the 1500 can be used in the 2500 and 3500 as well? and what engine is the 1500? is it a small block? 350 I guess.is there a bigger one in a kit or in resin somwhere? also is the NV4500 ever made in a kit? and what about the transfer case?....I;m sorry I have a million questions.Thank you all your help,Chris

The engine in the 1500 is a 5.3 LS series engine, the 6.0 in the larger trucks is identical externally.

Something that should be mentioned, there were actually two different versions of the 2500, a light duty (introduced in '99) and the heavy duty (2500 HD, introduced in '01). The light duty 2500 uses the same sheetmetal as the 1500, the 2500 HD uses the same sheetmetal as the 3500. The basic difference between the 2500 HD and the 3500 are the dual wheels on the rear, which is standard equipment on them (singles were a delete option, though). All versions of the 2500, 2wd, 4x4, light or heavy duty, do use the torsion bar suspension, rather than the coil spring 2wd suspension found in the 1500 kit. This also applies to the Tahoe and Suburbans built on the GMT800 platform.

I believe the lowrider kit might just be a re-release of the waverider kit that had the truck and jet ski(with no jet ski this time), with different options, there are a few of the stock 99 on evil-bay right now for around 10.00 plus shipping.

Seems I remember the Waverider grille in the box of the "Trucks" version...I built it over a year ago and would have chucked it out because I didn't like it so, I don't know for 100% sure. But yeah, all three kits are basically the same and the ground effects are glue on.

Edited by Skydime

• 2 months later...
395813955.jpg

I need to find that kit so I can make a copy of my daily driver.

You would have to show a picture of my daily driver's alter ego. Mine is the same truck, stone stock, down to the color, Gray, with a Graphite Cloth interior.

I built this one from the original Revell Replica Stock kit, in Black, with a Graphite Leather interior.

2009_0620june09mamameeting0093.jpg

2009_0620june09mamameeting0080.jpg

I lowered it myself, by cutting up and re-making the front spindles, and lowering blocks for the rear axle, and I used the wheels and tires from the Revell Lowrider '86 Monte Carlo SS. The tires were a little too tall, and I had to grind them a little to get them to fit under the wheel wells.

The Revell kit with the red truck on the box should yield a decent lowered chassis, but the wheels in the kit are incorrect, as they are 5-lug, and the actual truck has 6-lugs.

I have the paint and another kit to do my truck as it sits. The only thing is that I have to make a bug guard for the hood, and a set of vent visors. Everything else is represented in the kit, except that I have to modify the body to the 4-door comfiguration, and modify the air cleaner, as mine is a 2002, and the kit is a 1999. It does build into a very nice replica.