Model Cars Magazine Forum

1981 Miller Time Mustang Turbo GTX

3men2s

Here is my resent project of an old favorite. During the CAMEL GT Era back in the

early 80's was the best. The kings were the 935 twin turbo porsches, BMW were the

contenders, winning some races, but not championships and then came this wild card

the Mustang Turbo, a German Capri Group 5 in mustang clothing. It was susessfull

It won a few and set track records, the life span was short since ford went to the GTP

class in 83. Monogram did a good job with this kit, which they kept doing race cars

like they use to. in the mean time I will keep building this discontinued models and enjoying them.

DSC09204Small.jpg

DSC09205Small.jpg

DSC09206Small.jpg

Edited by 3men2s

The 86'S GTO where BAD also, dominating the IMSA and SCCA programs, don't forget.

and the 93 cobras made their mark too, but my favorite has to be the 4 banger turbo.

I think it has the raciest looks of them all...and sounded downright scary when up on the boost!!

Great job on the build. Thanks for posting this. I have a few of these kits stashed away and always thought they were quite nice and wanted to build them. Due to lack of knowledge on the subject matter I always found myself boxing them back up and saving the builds for another day. Seeing yours completed has sparked the desire to dig one out and get started on it. They really look like they build into a nice model.

That looks fantastic! Great job on a way cool car. Did you have any problems with it? Decals, etc.

John

not at all..the decals were the easiest part. The hardest part is finding time to work on it.

the car is well made and what I like is that you can add details to make it pop.

I have another one wich I will detail even more, making the side windows to slide open.

Edited by 3men2s