Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Gt500KR Custom 'Vert

geckoman1220

okay i need to post more here so here i am,

{I am aware that the KR was not offered as a convertible and this is not a factory color}

okay, so obviously i chopped the top off, and my two part epoxy putty dried up, so i used styrene for the top cover. i decided to go stripe less and add little flat black accents. i love the flat black faux gas cap i did, at first i wasn't sure but now i love it. I didnt add the red accents on the door handles because ... well, simply i was lazy haha tire are from the revell mini cooper and i also lowered it.

so enough talking, here are some pics

DSCF8337.jpg

DSCF8338.jpg

DSCF8339.jpg

DSCF8336.jpg

DSCF8329.jpg

Looks great, coming from a mustang fan you (insert mustang fan "like" emoticon here)....yes I done the (insert emoticon here) :P .

What did you paint the seats with?

I just bought this kit, how well does it fit together?

i too am a mustang fan, i have a 1:1 '05

the seats were done with krylon semi-gloss black with testors gloss red inserts, but because of the humidity here the enamel turns flat. so it all works out.

it fits great, like all other S197 kits, I think this is my tenth S197 haha. i would change the wheels and lower it a bit though. the box stock ride height is like 10 scale inches.!!! from the bottom of the front bumper to the ground.