Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need info on 66 Chevy interior colors

I'm thinking it would be black, but cannot find anything to verify that either. I know the 68-69's with the parchment (white) interior did have black carpet and headliner. I believe that started with the 65 model year but again, have not been able to verify it.

Lee,my statement is fact. Yours is a guess. My parents owned a '66 Bel Air for years. I owned a Caprice for over twenty. I looked at tons of Impalas in junkyards and the cars that did still have the headliners were seat/door panel color. Note that this example has white seats/door panels with a blue package tray and a white headliner. http://images.classiccars.com/classifieds/170847_11052384_1966_Chevrolet_Impala%2BSS.jpg

Wow, thanks for the links gentlemen. Just what I was looking for to detail the whole interior.

I kinda thought it would be white but wanted to be sure as I am not really a Chevy man but I like the older Impalas. If it were a Mopar I could detail the interior from memory.

gus