Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally getting to build(Minor Update w/pics)

Been on vacation, or at work, or military reserve duty all summer! Finally getting to work on some stuff. Gonna get this one started and post pics tomorrow. Didn't get time to take em tonight. Building a DROM using the AMT MACK Cruise Liner. Have extended the frame and have a picture from Martin Phippard's Truck picture collection of a Frieght Liner Dual Drive as inspiration.

http://www.hankstruc...ms/file0011.jpg

Wish me luck.

Barry

Edited by txdieseldog

In regards to this build......would anyone happen to have the two end caps from an AMT tanker? Maybe one that got beat up somehow? I have two new ones, of course in good shape being new and all, ;) and one older one that is still good. Would rather not butcher a good one unless I have too. :wacko:

Barry

• 1 month later...

The chassis is finally built. Primer tonight and pics will be posted. Stretched the frame about 3". Added a self steer lift axle to accommadate the frame weight. The DROM tank is sized and ready for piping. Now working on the plans for the "A" trailer. Trying to decide on 3 axle with a 5th wheel on back of a full length trailer, or leave the frame the same length with 2 axles and shorten the rear of the tank. Any suggestions?

Didn't get to primer, but did get the pics on. need to put gussets on the sides of the tank so it doesn't look so high and then put in the piping as mentioned. I added a framework under it to house the pipes and it puts it almost to the same level as the trailers.

Mackframe.jpg

Mackframeangle1.jpg

Edited by txdieseldog

I dont need them....but I could put them to use. Justin had a pair that we were working on a trade. But I do lousy with trades! :wacko: I tend to be a parts horder. (I'll get to that/might need it some day!) ;):D I think Justin's tired of me not making up my mind. Don't blame him either. :unsure:

• 1 month later...