Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Roadster

Rick Schmidt

Finished up this 32 Ford Roadster today. Built this for a friend. He asked me to build it so I agreed as long as he let me have my way with it. As ya see he was cool with that. Started with the Monogram 32 and tossed all the vintage parts aside and got into a Revell Kit.... This car has the Revells front and rear suspesion the center section of the frame so the modern ladder bars will hook up and the full 302 from the Revell Kit.

S7302715.jpg

S7302714.jpg

S7302716.jpg

And a shot of it next to an earlier encounter I had with a Monogram 32

S7302712.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys Gave it to its owner and he was happy

Nathan to answer your question the fenders on this kit are molded to the Chassis. On my channeled 32 I took a chance and cut them away from the frame was kinda an experiment once I succeded I went ahead and built it. I dunno that it'd make a good highboy tho once ya get the fenders off the frame aint a thing of beauty and is missing a lot of the feature of a 32 Rail Mines channeled body just hides it all

Rick very cool 32's. Rick I noticed your from Lawton. I am about 80 miles east of ya. Is there any good hooby shops out near Lawton? I was out there two weeks ago with a task force helping with the fires in the mountains but didnt think my fire chief would approve of me taking a brush rig all over Lawton looking for a LHS. The nearest one to me is 100 miles away in Norman. There is a Hobby Lobby in Ardmore but their choices are very liimited. Its mostly the internet/ebay for me. Nice to see another Okie on this (my only) conection to this hobby I love so much.

John No Lawton sucks when it comes to LHS all we got is a Hobby lobby too.

Gotta thank ya for what ya doin if it weren't for ya folks we'd probably lost a lot more out in the Mountains This been a bad year for fires here. We had a massive one west of town rolled from the morth end to the south end of town right along the city limits burned very few occupied homes tho. had some up around Medicine Park not long ago I think that one got a few houses too. Hopefully we're gettin outta this drought and can get some of this rain around us now