Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Goodguys at Indianapolis Motor Speedway!

Art Anderson

This Saturday: Goodguys Rod & Custom Show at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Model car contest, entries start at 8am, judging Saturday afternoon, awards on Sunday Morning.

Now, if you are worried about what happens if your car wins a trophy and you can't be there to pick it up? No problem--we've shipped out trophies before! And, do not worry if you need to leave for home Saturday, and you entered a car: Judging should be done by no later than 4pm Saturday, so there's time to pick up your entry.

Cost? (everyone always gets uptight about this, I know!)

Admission to Goodguys at Indianapolis Motor Speedway is $18, which is good for ALL THREE DAYS (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), and parking is included in the ticket price! There is NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE for entering the model car contest.

As a special note, we will be very sure to get pics of the Best Of Show Winner, and send those to Goodguys headquarters in California, as Goodguys has instituted this year, a "Best Of The Best Of Show" Winner nationwide.

So, I know there's gotta be several hundred of you only a daytrip away from Indianapolis Indiana--and as for directions, MapQuest and Google Maps have the directions--but IMS is at the intersection of Crawfordsville Road and Georgetown Road in Speedway IN, which is on the near west side of Indy. Indianapolis is accessible from Interstates 65, 69, 70 and 74, plus numerous US Highways--it's the "Crossroads Of America". So, Come On Down (or Up, or over here, or over there!)

See ya at Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend!

Art Anderson and Brian Fishburn

• 3 months later...

I wanted to be there for the weekend with my car and also bring a couple of models too, but a health issue kept me at home. Hopefully I'll be there this year. I remember the Goodguys Model Contest at the old DA North Timing Tower at IRP a few years back until the tower was torn down.