Model Cars Magazine Forum

New to this

Hi all,

I have been looking though this site and am amazed by the quality of workmanship done by you guys. My hats off to you guys to a job well done and you all have given me some good ideas. At the moment I am building a mack titan road train with auslowe parts. I have just about completed the dolly converter just have to place air lines on, I have started one of the 45' trailers.

Evan

Nice job so far,how many trailers are you doing?

When you start your titan, make sure you add some strength to the frame the Italeri frames don't like the weight of the resin as I imagine you are doing the full set up, big sleeper,and lots of tanks, the Titan is not a easy kit

but am sure you will do a nice job of it

Hi all,

The dolly converter is an Auslowe resin kit which also comes with tri axles, and yes the titian is an auslowe trans kit on top of western star. Yet to start as the trailers are very fiddly. Will upload trailer photos soon

Kind of looks like the one below. Please post the Auslowe part numbers for both tandem and tri-axle dollies as well as where they can be purchased.

tridolly2400px.jpg

Kind of looks like the one below. Please post the Auslowe part numbers for both tandem and tri-axle dollies as well as where they can be purchased.

tridolly2400px.jpg

Dolly kits from Auslowe

RTD 1 1/25 Road train dolly tandem axle

RTD 2 1/24 Road train dolly tandem axle

RTD 3 1/25 Tri axle road train dolly

RTD 4 1/24 Tri axle road train dolly

www.auslowe.com.au E: auslowesales@hotmail.com from: Victoria Australia. Hope this helps.

Edited by Sticks

Evan

Nice job so far,how many trailers are you doing?

When you start your titan, make sure you add some strength to the frame the Italeri frames don't like the weight of the resin as I imagine you are doing the full set up, big sleeper,and lots of tanks, the Titan is not a easy kit

but am sure you will do a nice job of it

Thanks Tony, I am only having the two trailers at the moment. Already learning from my mistakes. As I'm new to the truck side of modeling what do you suggest for a strengthing method? This is something I am not rushing and I want to take my time with but will be taking photos and posting them as I go along and maybe get some advice. Any advice would be grately appreciated.

Thanks Tony, I am only having the two trailers at the moment. Already learning from my mistakes. As I'm new to the truck side of modeling what do you suggest for a strengthing method? This is something I am not rushing and I want to take my time with but will be taking photos and posting them as I go along and maybe get some advice. Any advice would be grately appreciated.

Evan

K&S do a real nice brass strip that fits perfect on the inside of the rails, this would be your best bet, and glue it in with epoxy , then it will never move, do this before you put the frame together, the brass is nice and thin, so doesn't change the width that much, maybe 0.5mm

The hardest part of this kit is fitting the windows, what a pain, cut it out and file it to fit, this will take a while, but worth the effort