Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question about cleaning MM polishing cloth

I was invited to a hanging this weekend along with a really long and boring car ride. I was thinking of bringing a few painted bodies along with me for something to do along the way. A couple of them have some quite a few dust particles embedded in the paint so I'm wondering. Since i obviously won be able to use running water, will i be able to wash the colour out of these cloths later on?If not, will I have to consider colour transfer onto other paint jobs in the future?

i lay mine down in the sink shoot easy-off let sit 10-15 min's then streech and scrub with tooth brush and rinse?

let completly dry and if need be do it agin

dont leave on for long periods it will cause the cloth to seperate

this is what i do when loaded up with paint?

Edited by a/gass

Good old hangings, huh? Too bad they went out of fashion in this part of the world, always were great crack them...

If you consider using a polishing kit dry, you will be done within a few minutes. They load up very quickly and they will never really clean out again. This is how I ruined my first one. Took all of 15 minutes.