Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sargent Ratus *under construction* updated 06/30/07

Thanks for the comments guys , the rust on the headers is a 3 part rust system i got from the hardware store and it makes real rust! first step is a rust colored primer then iron paint (real iron particles)and then a rust activator. Yes they are bullet holes in the windscreen (from the 28 lincoln gangbusters kit)there are also bullet holes in the doors and other side of the cab. It will also have a hand grenade shift knob and other Army style details including a battle helmet and military colored mexican blanket (thanks to Ken Hamiltons How To)on the front seat!I will post more pics on the weekend as i progress. Cheers Paul

Here's some current pics

I've installed the engine and just need to finish the radiator hoses and carby's (including fuel lines and linkage)and finish plumbing the coil etc.Also visible is the Mexican blanket i made and some duct tape holding the seat together.

ratusfs.jpg

as you can see the headers turned out better than i expected

sgtratuseng1.jpg

I made a wiring loom up with wiring and cut some thin strips of electrical tape to cover the loom and left a bit loose at the end as common in 1:1 tape.

sgtratuseng2.jpg

Any comments or suggestions are welcome (positive prefered :D )

Any comments or suggestions are welcome (positive prefered :D )

Uh...not so sure there is any other type appropriate at this point. :shock: It's a verrry cool project that has a whole lot of character. There are well-built models, and then there are well-built models that have "it". Whatever "it" actually is, I don't know, but this thing is oozing with "it".

• 1 month later...

Ok here's some current pics, i still need to load the tray up with some more goodies so if you can think of anything cool let me know!!!

ratus6.jpg

ratus1.jpg

ratus2.jpg

ratus3.jpg

1/24 US helmet from a Hasagawa jeep is on the seat that i painted up and the hand grenade shifter is from a MPC 28 Lincoln kit also a good shot of the weathered white walls and tyres.

ratus4.jpg

ratus5.jpg

This is my display base that i threw together for shows with a 1/48 scale bomb? and some dry transfer lettering and railway grass.