Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevrolet Titan 90 (Post apocalypse)

I built this in January for a "Beyond Thunderdome" theme with the local club. Most of the parts are from the Titan 90 kit, the gun/pedestal are from the Hogan's Heroes Jeep, the skeletons are from Rommell's Rod, lots of styrene stock. The brush guard is scratch build, and the screens are made from Amaco Wireform mesh. Interior was detailed, lots of experimenting with washes and weathering.

The kick is, I sent this down to California for NNL West in Feb. because I wasn't sure I could fit it in my bag. Guaranteed next day arrival, insured, packed EXTREMELY well. It made it there, a day late...one end of the box was split open, everything was destroyed, parts missing. Well I finally managed to conjure up some courage to put it back together, the plow blade I hadce mounted up front was gone along with the ammo boxes on the back.

Hope you guys like it!

DSCF0897.jpg

DSCF0896.jpg

DSCF0895.jpg

DSCF0891.jpg

Man this thing is so cool...I love the interior and the skeletons. I tell ya this forum has opened my eyes and showed me some really cool work. That is such a bummer that it was destroyed and parts were lost...enough to make a grown man cry, but you didn't and instead rebuilt it so you won :D Thanks for sharing and what a great model.