Model Cars Magazine Forum

A MOST POST-APOCALYPSE 2012 TO YOU TOO

Bobby, whatever scenario you want to envision is what is going to give your vehicle the right look. I like my TOOTHLESS ZOMBIE story line because I'm trying to create a whole fleet or caravan of interesting vehicles, but whatever you think will work at getting you through the build WORKS just fine! Good luck.

wow had no idea how hard its been trying to find the perfect kit or glue bomb for this challenge...so far no luck....did find a glue bomb on ebay but bid went over $25...thats where i dropped out...the hunt continues.... B)

I had not planned to be part of this for the same reasons, along with no P-Apoc experience until tonight when I had a brainstorm. Everything I need is on one scrap body. The rest is coming from used up toys. Even some childish toys have isolated pieces of brilliant crisp detail. The ice breaker that started my hail of ideas was a retaining bracket from a toy pistol. Dig around at the thrift stores and wear your rose colored glasses.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe thats a 1/35th scale 20mm FLAK gun. In 1/24th or 1/25th it looks like a .50 cal spotting rifle from an old 106mm recoiless rifle.

Put that on a bipod, add a pistol grip, trigger, and a butt stock and you'll have a great post apocalypse weapon, redneck style.

:D

G

I believe thats a 1/35th scale 20mm FLAK gun. In 1/24th or 1/25th it looks like a .50 cal spotting rifle from an old 106mm recoiless rifle.

Put that on a bipod, add a pistol grip, trigger, and a butt stock and you'll have a great post apocalypse weapon, redneck style.

:D

G

Dang, Your good and a Mind reader to boot.. :D

402589_2709152939632_1581097396_2478208_1233158046_n.jpg

Edited by RodneyBad

I'm in. Needed a good excuse to do one through finish anyway, rather than just throwing a bunch of stuff at each other and making "mwahaha" noises to myself.

And Ron, that is RAD!

I've been waiting for a build off like this for ages. This is what I got hung up on a while back but I'll build something new.

P1010207-vi.jpg

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone have any ideas for in scale guns? can't seem to find anything other than 1/35 scale

If anything try to scratch build one. I know this is for vehicles with wheels, but i scratched one for a snowspeeder project as I felt the kit one was to whimpy.

IM007294.jpg

IM007305.jpg

Folks, just to be clear, the contest will start this coming January and I can tell you that you will have to build something completely new!

Doc says January. Oh im in for sure.............My local model club just had a contest that was based on the apocalyptic theme, never entered to apprehensive on weathering, never weathered a car or truck but im ready to do that now................

Edited by Darren B

Is this a .50cal? :D

407058_2709166659975_1581097396_2478211_1604165639_n.jpg

There were a few .50cal or 12.7mm anti-tank guns built that were top fed. AgentG has the right idea...those would be a great place to start. I know what kit I'm gonna look for...

-Also, the Hasegawa Type 82 Kubelwagen comes with TWO EACH: 98k Mauser rifles, MG-34's (side fed with drum mags), Panzershreks, MP40 'grease guns', 'potato masher' grenades and a driver figure with a separate German helmet. These would be GREAT Post-Apoc weapons.

-The Hasegawa Army Jeep kit offers a nice M1919 .30cal, pedestal mounted machinegun... I think the .50cal belts from 1/35 weapons sets would make good .30cal belts in 1/25.

-The older Monogram 'Gangbusters' '28 Lincoln kit has a crude Thompson Subgun.

Edited by Wagoneer81