Model Cars Magazine Forum

So ya think fuel prices are going up. Over priced plastic.

Hello Everyone, Yea buddy what few kits I looked at are steep the thing I kept seeing was [ UP FOR GRABS ]. Then whatever kit followed, like it was a good deal. Well seem's like he will be the one grabing that bargin off the shelf that most of them are still sitting on. I understand his thought's of selling them that's why he has so many of the same kit's. However I have a lot of the same kit's myself, why because I like that kit,also I buy all I can before they pull them off the shelf, then I want get stuck by someone's own greed. Will I ever sale any of them maybe,I don't know, if I do I want rip people off,I am planing on starting something for us truck builder's I have been working on it for six month's, maybe I will have it going in about six more month's or less. But quality custom part,s at a fair price is my goal. That take's a lot of planing and time to get it right. No it's not a hobbyshop, yet hahaha. As for a lot of the same kit's, 18 Aust KW's,20 Rev.chrome tanker,s 14 AMT Livestock trl's, 10 Alaskin tri axle Pete,s. All together over 500 kit's car's, truck's, trailer's, pickup trk's, chopper,s, ship,s aircraft. If it ride's, fly's, float's I have one.The way I see it, I am blessed to have what took year's to build. My own hobbyshop sorry for the long letter thank's for reading. Earl M.

That guy Riley (from Texas) on eBay is out of his gourd!!! I laugh when I see his auctions. He's trying to score big cash for his stuff. They can sit on his shelf till they rot for the price he's asking. Everytime I see his auctions end with no bids I smile. Then he always post pics of the model he's selling in front of like 10 unbuilt Bill Signs Pete's! WHO CARES!! Hey Riley, We're not impressed because you have 10 unbuilt Bill Signs Petes!! Stuff like that burns me to no end! As far as the Bill Signs Peterbilt, It's no better then any other pete kit, I don't care if it has extra lights and fancy straight pipes. Build your own straight pipes for crying out loud. Experiment for a change! And the spread in between the Bill Signs Peterbilt axle's looks like ######. Looks like a Canadian spread. ( No offense to Canada). I just don't like the looks of the spread. Between the old AMT Petes, the Revell of Germany Pete and the snap tite pete you have enough options that you do not need the Bill Signs Pete. Let them sit on a shelf somewhere and collect dust!! Hopefull , and I mean hopefully, some day all those kits will be reissued and that should leave all those greedy people holding on to a bunch of worthless kits to them!! Hopefully!! I gotta go have a smoke, now that my blood pressure up!!

Jerry:

I totaly agree with you. That's why I have been buying some already built kits to do just that:rebuild them because it's cheaper. Actually I think it's more challanging rebuilding. The Pete auto carrier that I have shown pictures of on this website is just that: a $50.00 score of eBay for both the tractor and trailer. There is no way I could buy one either on eBay or from somewhere else for $50.00 new in box!

Johnny :angry:

• 1 month later...