Model Cars Magazine Forum

Water Bubbles/Airbrush "Water Drop" FX

Thats cool Doc!!! I like the way those look, I could imagine adding some more detail to those like the shadows etc would really make them stand out! Thanks for showing that.

Ive done some customer pant jobs doing water spots, this is the test Mustang Hood I did it on. The water mist really has to be fine or it wont be to scale like on the test hood I did first. Im working on the tutorials for water spots and lightning for my site.

Example:

hoodwaterspotsairbrushed.jpg

Ive also done the lightning example pic here also:

foldericon.jpg

Manny

Thanks, buddy, okay, here are a couple of pics, again the trick is to keep the drops way down to scale . . .

IMG_3408-vi.jpg

IMG_3409-vi.jpg

I've switched over to one of those small pump misters instead of a spray bottle. And I mist from up above and let the drops gather in the right scale. Besides, if you don't like it you can wipe it off and start all over again, the water NOT the paint.

Thanks, buddy, okay, here are a couple of pics, again the trick is to keep the drops way down to scale . . .

IMG_3408-vi.jpg

IMG_3409-vi.jpg

I've switched over to one of those small pump misters instead of a spray bottle. And I mist from up above and let the drops gather in the right scale. Besides, if you don't like it you can wipe it off and start all over again, the water NOT the paint.

Doc , great job !

question,

where did you get those plug wire boots ? or are they scratchy ?

Jim, no, you put down a base coat of a light color . . . then you spray the water, THEN you spray the next color (could be a transparent color sure) from a very low angle and from one direction only.

Andy, those boots are scratch-built. I slipped one small tube inside another inside the header. Sometimes I use watch parts as a boot . . . it all works.