Model Cars Magazine Forum

CORDVETTE!...A Modern Classic. Update: 9-16-12

Ira

LOL! Actually, all that progress in 3 months deserves a medal in my build arena. :) You're like a rocket ship that dropped it's boosters and is just getting into orbit.

It would be fun to meet up at a show sometime and put my "old school" mild custom next to your more modern "extreme" version. The Cord is a car just begging for customizing, but most people don't give it much thought....I guess because it's so great looking as a true classic car already.

WORKIN' The FENDERS!!!

DSCN5036C.jpg

I cut sheet plastic to fit the rear-bottoms of the Fenders...

DSCN5035C.jpg

Then I glued the plastic on to the Fenders and Sanded the edges smooth.

DSCN5041C.jpg

Next... The Stinger!!!

B)

Ohhh time runs slow when it comes to building but it's worth the waiting. Tic-tac-tic-tac the clock is running and we're waiting for more updates on this marvellous creation. :)

Thanks Wilbert!

New Update Today!!! :D

LOL! Actually, all that progress in 3 months deserves a medal in my build arena. :) You're like a rocket ship that dropped it's boosters and is just getting into orbit.

It would be fun to meet up at a show sometime and put my "old school" mild custom next to your more modern "extreme" version. The Cord is a car just begging for customizing, but most people don't give it much thought....I guess because it's so great looking as a true classic car already.

Thanks Ken,

I will bring the CordVette along with me next year to NNL West 2013, hope to see you & your Cord there! :)

ADDING The STINGER!!!

I wanted to bring the Rear of the Body to a Point, so I cut a triangular piece of sheet plastic to size.

Next I cut 2 grooves in the edge for the Wire.

Then I cut 2 1/4" lengths of Brass Wire and glued them in the grooves.

DSCN5055C.jpg

Next I flat-sanded the rear tip of the body & drilled 2 holes for the Brass Wire.

DSCN5058C.jpg

I used Zap-A-Gap Green Label Glue to attach the Stinger in place.

DSCN5060C.jpg

Foam File Boards and a little putty were used to blend the Body & Stinger together.

DSCN5075C.jpg

That's the Shape I was looking for.... :)

I'm speechless... just when you think you've seen it all, someone like you comes along and upsets our world... Whatta ride!!! Words fail me at this point :) . Lets just say, I am following intently!

Thanks for the kind comments Chris, so glad you like it!

Hi everyone. Eh I can't believe I'm checking this thread every two hours LoL. No kidding. I have my eyes put on this unique piece of art.

Thanks Wilbert!

Just finished taking some Progress Photos of the CordVette!

Should be posting soon... :)