Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just Getting Back In The Hobby

Pete, you are going to love it here. Just make sure you have a comfy seat from which to watch all the amazing eye candy some of these folks are dishing out. Also, don't be shy about sharing your work or asking questions. This is a pretty diverse group of builders so if one person doesn't come to the rescue, another one will.

Enjoy and have fun. Welcome back.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Welcome back. I think you will find much has changed since you last built a model. What do you like to build?

Darin I built muscle cars, hot rods & street machines back in the day, so I'm starting back out with those again for now. I've picked up a Revell 67 Chevelle & an AMT 25 Model T 3/1 kit to get started back with, plus a couple of cans of paint, some bottle paints, brushes, & such. Boy, thje kit prices are a lot higher than I remember!

Edited by Pete Aron

Welcome, Pete!

Yeah, I know those prices are quite the sticker shock. It's easy to spend a hundred bucks just on the simple supplies for one or two models.

But then again, you're going to have something that you made, hopefully enjoyed building, and if you go to any local shows, meet some great new friends.

e komo mai (welcome)