Model Cars Magazine Forum

it's 4:30 am and i can't sleep so here are ruperts baby pictures

this may be the wrong place to post this but i thought some of you might like to see my chief restorers baby pictures.i was at the local deli a couple of years ago and when i got out of my car this tiny squirrel just ran up my leg and it was love at first site.i took him home and gave him a bath to get rid of the fleas. i had an old bird cage and that became his home untill he had little room to play so i got him a small dog cage and filled it with toys and wood chips. he had a favorite corner to hide nuts i would give him.i would let him play outside and when he was ready he would jump on my shoulder and want to go back to his cage.untill one day he went outside and decided he liked it better there and went on his own.

this was a few days after i brought him home

Captured2009-9-2700010.jpg

Captured2009-9-2700008.jpg

he loved to look out the window

Captured2010-1-200000.jpg

he loved to climb the trees

Captured2010-1-400004.jpg

he helped me build models in the shed

Captured2010-5-3000012.jpg

Captured2008-2-900003.jpg

his interest in cars started early

Captured2009-10-600000.jpg

here he is a little older

Captured2009-10-1400000.jpg

Captured2009-10-1400001.jpg

at play with his favorite toy

Captured2010-2-400000.jpg

Last year a baby squirrel fell out of one of the trees near the Lab-RAT-ory and I thought about keeping it but it looked to frail and dehydrated so I too it in to the wildlife refuge center here in town.

I think they make great pets because they are pretty smart.

Edited by Dr. Cranky

I went to someones house to replace there geothermal pumps and in the room with the electric panel sat a cage. I heard something moving around and to my surprise it was a squirrel. He was really fun and very interested in me. I like Rupert, he looks cool. I have grey ones and some solid black ones behind my house I watch play in the woods.

this may be the wrong place to post this but i thought some of you might like to see my chief restorers baby pictures.

You're right. This is the wrong place. This section is for finished models,not squirrels. :rolleyes:

It may be the wrong place to post the pictures, but I know that I really enjoy them. He's a cute little rascal and I don;t think that I am alone in saying thanks for posting them. Pets are a true gift and I, for one tend to think that you must really miss the little guy. I know that I would. Thanks for posting the pictures. Not exactl;y on topic but neat as all get out and kind of a surprise and a welcome change. :D :D :D

You're right. This is the wrong place. This section is for finished models,not squirrels. :rolleyes:

How about a plastic squirrel model kit? Putting on the fur flocking was a major pain. But this probably belongs in Kit Reviews or General.

Picture2-5.png

Edited by sjordan2

Did somebody say squirrel?

DSCF1134.jpg

All kidding aside, it's hard to part with an animal you've known, let alone raised. Lost one of my Pekingese 2 weeks ago. Wife is still devestated. Had him 14 years. The female is still moping around, she's hurting as well. Ken

Down here in the South people have been known to get Skunks and other animals de-scented and then they keep them as pets. Squirrels are a bit more delicate as babies, and most people fear them because of the rabies, although you can have them tested for it.

Hey cranky I wish ny wasn't so ridicules on the animals you can own. I'd have a skunk in a heart beat.What better way to fend of robbers. Lol I had to get rid of my squirrel that I saved from a bucket of water because of a little thing called state law. :(