Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mad Max showcase

kruleworld

Mad Max (1979) is a low budget australian action movie. it follows the story of Max, a police (MFP) officer who looses everything, including himself.

This is my Planetx Ford Falcon sedan in MFP livery. i changed the rims for more accurate sunraysia rims from the revell Bronco kit

mm1interceptor05.jpg

it's currently undergoing a few mods to improve it's look

mm1interceptor11.jpg

Max's Pursuit Special - Ford Falcon XB Coupe from Cavalier models

madmaxinter.jpg

Here is my complete nite rider (Holden Monaro HQ 1971). it's built from a resin body i bought on ebay, and it's a fairly accurate representation, if a bit thick. i added interior and chassis from a revell 67 chevelle, which has the suspension modified to give better height (still needs some work for the right stance). Some of the bits i've added include spoilers, dash light and hood scoop.

niterider05.jpg

niterider06.jpg

Edited by kruleworld

This is the ute that the Goose borrows after crashing his bike, and getting killed by the toecutter's gang. This old ute (probably an EJ model) has a lot of character and is quite distinctive.

I'm quite happy with this build. it's built entirely from my parts box, yes, even the body came out of it. i intended this to be a quick and dirty build but it ended up being a highly detailed replica. The body has been hanging around my model bench for years. it's a PETG (vac-formed) slot car EH Holden wagon. i cut the back off it and stuck the rear window to the back of the cab. that's not correct, but should have been a wrap around style but this works well enough. The chassis is an old weathered MPC mopar piece and the engine is an unknown six, probably a revell hot rod. The bed is made from flat styrene and the wheels are resin copies of a GY polyglas with steelie rims. This was a blast to make, which took about 3 weeks.

cookedgoose1.jpg

cookedgoose2.jpg

cookedgoose3.jpg

cookedgoose4.jpg

cookedgoose5.jpg

cookedgoose6.jpg