Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

The End: OS Giken 510

LAone

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of my OS 510.

I can honestly thank Jimmy aka Fujimmy. if it was not for him on making and casting the resin OS Giken TC-16 engine, this would probably still be in a box.

link for my blog article

http://zenkitrdcoupe.blogspot.com/2012/02/end-os-giken-510.html#!/2012/02/end-os-giken-510.html

Specs: OS 510

Kit: Revell Tuner Series

Engine: Fujimmy Casted TC-16

Wheels: Aoshima Techno Phantoms

Suspension: super low shakotan style

Scratchbuilt parts: Header, exhaust, strut arms, roll cage add ons, wheel wells, rear sway bar, water resovoier, oil filter relocation, seat belts/harness, wink mirror, induction tube, MSD 6al box, MSD ignition coil, fuel line and pump

Kit bashed parts: head lights are fog lights, outside mirrors are from an impala kit, rear under wing is from an R32 kit, ae86 roll cage main hoop, nascar gauge board, R32 front and rear brakes, ae86 modified radiator, oil cooler from aoshima kai parts.

os510014.jpg

os510011.jpg

os510015.jpg

os510001.jpg

os510002.jpg

os510017.jpg

os510033.jpg

os510029.jpg

os510008.jpg

you're not going to beleiive this...but i had a 94 mirage at one point with the exact same treatment to the front bumper as you did to the rear

i ran it for several months untill i jumped a railroad crossing and ripped it clean off on my way down

back to the model, it looks great, i love the engine, the detail is cool, with the oilfiter relocation and the intake it has

the wheels look absolutely rediculous BUT spot on for the 1:1 trend that this car represent

great looking model overall and it catches the feel of the real one

thanks guys..

haha, eelco i know the wheels are gonna get everyone..lols but thanks for understanding the trend. i tried my best to get it to represent the real thing, glad you noticed.

thanks shane

mike, didn't know your were patiently waiting....thank you for waiting and yeah, i too think it was worth it.

wait till you see what im doing with the turbos i bought from you a while back. :D

thanks dave. i was hoping someone would say that. it was fun building it. i still have 2 more in my stash. i learned plenty from this one though. hope to see yours soon. i have a few things going, but no real progress to post pics. mainly lots of body prep.

chris, you can find them on ebay sometimes and when HLJ and hobby search gets them in stock. they sell out quick though.

erik, thanks it was my first time weathering, so i wasn't really sure if it was enough or too much.

Shakotan Rat. sweet.

Where do you get those wheels / tires with the stretch?

When I was in AirForce tech school in Biloxi Miss. in 1987 - there was a guy with a really bitchin' 1:1 510. built with a roll bar, flares, lowered and painted german desert camo with white, grey and black primer. It was so cool.

Edited by seeker589

hey tim, shakotan rat, i like that name. im gonna have to use it. ;)

i got them from hlj.com when aoshima reissued them. like 5 years ago. they sell out pretty quick and dont get restocked. only new series come out.

these guys have some different sets at the moment, but shipping can get a bit pricey so watch for that. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/122/0/1

other than that, sometimes ebay has them.