Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Hemi Dart

Bad Apple

Great skills and nice detail work.

Keep in mind, if you are going to build a replica of a Hurst built LO23 car that;

a. No power brake booster. These cars had non power drum brakes with a re-located master cylinder.

b. The battery belongs in the trunk. This was done in order to put more weight on the right rear wheel.

c. The front fenders on these cars were, of course, fiberglass. They had no side marker lamps in the front.

d. Car should have wiper motor and wiper blades in "as delivered" condition.

e. Not the case here but I've seen a couple of these replicas with heater hoses. These cars came without a heater. Race cars do not need heater hoses!

Not trying to be a nit picker on this build. I just want to give future builder something to think about.

WF

Great skills and nice detail work.

Keep in mind, if you are going to build a replica of a Hurst built LO23 car that;

a. No power brake booster. These cars had non power drum brakes with a re-located master cylinder.

b. The battery belongs in the trunk. This was done in order to put more weight on the right rear wheel.

c. The front fenders on these cars were, of course, fiberglass. They had no side marker lamps in the front.

d. Car should have wiper motor and wiper blades in "as delivered" condition.

e. Not the case here but I've seen a couple of these replicas with heater hoses. These cars came without a heater. Race cars do not need heater hoses!

Not trying to be a nit picker on this build. I just want to give future builder something to think about.

WF

Thanks for the info. 6bblbird, i'm a big Mopar guy myself i knew the brake booster wasn't right and i couldn't remember if the battery was in the trunk on them i knew they were in the trunk on the 60's super stock cars.

Assuming by your username you own a 6BBL RoadRunner? What year? My brother has a 69 that our Dad bought brand new, he's in the middle of the restoration on it.

Once again, great job on the Dart. These are great kits aren't they? I built one last year as a Christmas present. Here is a link if anyone would like to see it: http://public.fotki.com/announcerguy/stock-and-super-stock/hemi-dart-ssb/

Yes, I do own a A12 car. I'm the second owner having purchased the car in 1975 with 6009 miles on it. Still has 6009 miles on the clock. It actually does have a few more miles than that. They were added 1/4 mile at a time!

HardLaunchatMapleGro2AD62F-vi.jpg

The car is now awaiting a full restoration and a return to original specs. Just need a couple of bucks!

WF

Once again, great job on the Dart. These are great kits aren't they? I built one last year as a Christmas present. Here is a link if anyone would like to see it: http://public.fotki..../hemi-dart-ssb/

Yes, I do own a A12 car. I'm the second owner having purchased the car in 1975 with 6009 miles on it. Still has 6009 miles on the clock. It actually does have a few more miles than that. They were added 1/4 mile at a time!

HardLaunchatMapleGro2AD62F-vi.jpg

The car is now awaiting a full restoration and a return to original specs. Just need a couple of bucks!

WF

Nice RR! I will have my Duster at Carlisle again in July look for it if you go.

post-9220-0-84400400-1330476208_thumb.jp

I don't know if you have seen these photos or not. Can you imagine what it must have been like to pick one of these up when they were brand new? "I'll take the grey one!"

file-vi.jpg

I noticed that these cars had a driver's side wiper only.

Edited by 6bblbird

Cool Duster! I love the wheels! Very retro.

I probably won't be at Carlisle 'cause the bastids make me work every weekend, but if you get to Raceway Park, stop up in the announcer's booth and say hello (that is where I work). Mopars at E-Town has been moved to August. Maybe it won't rain now!?

WF

• 2 weeks later...