Model Cars Magazine Forum

'63-'65 Mopars.?..................

Bartster

I finally got a '65 Satellite Resin kit from R&R. Now I can build my tri-fecta. I've seen MANY drag versions of these cars. Would ya'll please post any street versions of these beautiful Mopars That you've built for inspiration? Thanks for your help,

Bart

Edited by Bartster

Thank you for the kind words about my '65 Dodge Polara California Highway Patrol Cruiser. I am very proud of the build, as I did quite a bit of research on the real thing. Thanks to Tom Sheehy, and Terry Jesse for the inspiration. Speaking of '64 through '65 Mopars, I am working on a Johan 1964 Plymouth Fury 2 Door Hardtop.

2009_0916clunkerrecycler10013.jpg

It started as a crusty built-up. I stripped the paint job from it, and I combined it with an AMT '69 GTX for a more detailed Chassis and Running Gear.

2009_1017mamameetingoct090044.jpg

I also used the Modelhaus '64 Fury Promo interior to get the correct bench seat, the tires and wheelcovers from the Lindberg '64 Belvidere Hardtop, and various bits and pieces from the parts box.

2009_1017mamameetingoct090043.jpg

It has been primered, and mocked up for final paint and assembly. I am leaning towards either a Ruby Red, on Red , or Sequoia Green on Green. I hope to have some paint on it sometime this week.

DSC00907.jpgHere's a Polar Lights Coronet for you.

......Thanks high octane! I have this kit. I want to highly modify it kinda like Brett did his 'Cuda snapper......don't trust my skills yet

,lol. After I get some more bench time in, maybe!

I built this off of a 1/43 die cast piece. The rims & tires are swapped from a 1/43 `32 Roadster. Roll bar is aluminum wire, and the entire project took about a half hour.

!

They should all go this smooth & quick at times

64Ply2_jpg-vi.jpg

64Ply1_jpg-vi.jpg

......This is really nice! I don't know how you guys do these smaller scale cars. I can barely get my eyes & hands on the same page in 1/25 scale! Very cool, Thanks!