Model Cars Magazine Forum

Western Star mixer updated 7-3

• 2 weeks later...

got the paint on the cab & mixer, frame assembled, axles on, including air ride tag.

I'm using the extra suspension that is in the paystar kit ( I believe for the dm800 mixer) instead of the standard air ride.

will post pics later this week.

Jerry

Scot, as far as detail, I haven't mastered that point yet, but color wise, I'm going with white w/blue fenders and the mixer parts is just a bit more complicated. (plus it's a surprise :lol: )

I should have more pics towards the weekend.

Jerry

still have all the parts.

I've got lots of parts from destroyed trucks, rebuilds, parts buys (e-bay)

never know when you're gonna need a particular part.

not to mention, I've been building on and off for the last 30+ years.

Jerry

great job jerry , good idea on those tires too . which has me thinking , what about 1/16 scale dukes of hazard tires too ? might work fine , not out anything if not . your drum is fitting with next wednesday too . keep up the good work

J J

thanks guys. it's doubtful I'll have it done by the 4th. the stars, believe it or not, are the peel and stick painted white. the drum, on the other hand, was a pain to mask. trying to get the right distance-- :x :x . I did the best I could, however.

hope ya'll enjoy the finished product.

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

What's goin' on...

That's cool!!!

Back in 1976 (I was like 4 or 5) when the Bi Centenial year was being celebrated I remeber a mixer company that painted their mixers alot like yours. On the drum were the stars and srtipes only the stars were in a circle (pattern) and inside that were the numbers 76. IF I remember right the trucks were Autocars???

What's goin' on...

That's cool!!!

Back in 1976 (I was like 4 or 5) when the Bi Centenial year was being celebrated I remeber a mixer company that painted their mixers alot like yours. On the drum were the stars and srtipes only the stars were in a circle (pattern) and inside that were the numbers 76. IF I remember right the trucks were Autocars???

Guest Anthony Oteri

Jerry,

Looks cool! The door decals are perfect for it. July was the right month to do a red, white and blue paint scheme. Nice job.