Model Cars Magazine Forum

Found a gold mine!

I work for a large electric sign manufacturing company, and today I ventured into the paint department on break, and spotted this little slice of heaven 0fb833ba.jpg

That top row of bottles is full containers of pearl powders!!

What do you manufacture?

We have a large RV repair facility. Most of our customer base have the high end Prevost, Monaco, BlueBird type busses. We get body work in all the time and our painter has to be able to match every color. Works out great for me! Any time I need a certain color to match the real vehicle, he can whip it right up!

We have a large RV repair facility. Most of our customer base have the high end Prevost, Monaco, BlueBird type busses. We get body work in all the time and our painter has to be able to match every color. Works out great for me! Any time I need a certain color to match the real vehicle, he can whip it right up!

Neat! I haven't really used our paint system on models yet, I'm afraid of the hardener/reducer combo. Decanted testors lacquers for me (read: big wuss). :lol:

Neat! I haven't really used our paint system on models yet, I'm afraid of the hardener/reducer combo. Decanted testors lacquers for me (read: big wuss). :lol:

Chris, you don't have to fear spraying Automotive paints on Models.

As long as you Prep your surface correctly you can spray anything onto anything.

CadillacPat

You need to find out what types of paint base they are using with that system. We have several. Enamel, lacquer, acrylic, etc. It all depends of what he's going to paint. Along with the pearl additives there are three sizes of metal flake. When my painter mixes paint for me he uses enamel with reducer. It's base coat/clear coat.