Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005 LeMans build-Corvette C6-R, #64, GT1 - Finally finished

Enzoenvy1

Well, Le Mans started one week and about 7 hours ago. I finally finished this Vette. So, it will be considered a 1 week race/build, lol. I spent the last 4 hours doing final detail on this. I had issues with BMF on the green led in the door, so I hand painted chrome with the green. It actually turned out great. Two of those hours were spent on making the chassis fit the body. It was an awful fit in the end as the front right wheel/tire was pushed way back in the fender. So the old dremel and some brake relocation and I got it to fit right. I loved the build, but am glad it is finally over!!! I feel like I let myself down, but this was a huge undertaking for a 24 race. If I do it again, I will build something a lot less detailed. Hope you all like my Le Mans build!!!

As always the progress can be found here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5601

These were all outside to show the true color in daylight:

finish001.jpg

finish003.jpg

finish005.jpg

Bad shot as my viewfinder is off, but you get the idea:

finish006.jpg

Side detail:

finish010.jpg

finish011.jpg

finish012.jpg

finish013.jpg

Last one outside on the tarmac, but way out of scale. Still works for me:

finish014.jpg

Here are the inside photos from the studio. Wait, I don't have a studio, but I tried.:

finish015.jpg

finish017.jpg

finish019.jpg

I BMF'd the rear lenses and it shows I think:

finish025.jpg

Well, that is it!!!

Jon

Hi Jon, Your Vette looks fantastic. I'm a Corvette fanatic, Its my all time favorite car line. and I love'em all 53' to 07. Your work here is great. I've been watching the build-up posts and still cant believe how nice the model came out in such a short time. Congradulations on an excelent job.

BTW. got your PM today. Your more than welcome my friend. 8)