Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

'63 Dodge Polara

Just ordered this from Modelhaus. It has the hood molded in. Don advised me to get the hood as well since I'll be opening it. The separate hood is much thinner than the molded in one, according to Don. Does anyone have experience with this body?

Thanks, but I'm already intimidated,lol. I have Resin Realms '65 Satellite as well & cracked the hood just cleaning it. I've used resin parts, but not bodies yet. Hoping all goes well. I don't suppose you'd deal your styrene '63?

Hi I have that 63 from Modelhaus and I did the same thing the hood is much thinner but it works very well and is strate.Cutting out the molded in hood is not bad just go slow and use a new #11 blade.It came out very nice you should not have any problems if you just take your time good luck.Rick.

Thanks, but I'm already intimidated,lol. I have Resin Realms '65 Satellite as well & cracked the hood just cleaning it. I've used resin parts, but not bodies yet. Hoping all goes well. I don't suppose you'd deal your styrene '63?

No I won't deal on my styrene '63 even though I have had it for a long time. It took me a long time to find it and I found it in an ad from a 1 : 1 car mag and just recently I found 10 Jo-Han kits in an ad from the same mag.

:lol: Hi ho ya I can,t tell you how many times I did just that put it back in the box and start something slse you get righr in the middel of it and you start to pull your hair out and I doen.t have much left to pull lol. But all and all I think I may get one more from Modelhaus and do one more build it is still cheeper then finding a org/one I have seen 2 on spotlite hobby and they went for $250 and $300 so ya this is the way to go and I do love my 50,s and 60,s Mopars good luck and post some pic,s when your doen.Rick.

You will have no issues with the Modelhaus 63, its a direct repop of the Johan. The reason the hood is thicker is because the body it was molded from is the promo, and it has the screw posts under the hood and trunk. If your cutting the hood out, keep in mind you will have to add the radiator support and stock inner fenders. I suggest using the 68 or 69 Roadrunner, or the 70 Coronet chassis and front stub with the K member. It will involve a little messin with to get it to fit, and you will have to shorten the length, but the wheelbase should hit perfect. I use them in all my early Mopars, they offer alot more detail than the stock Johan chassis. I do have a mint Johan 63 kit, but im sure you dont want to spend $200 for it. lol Best of luck, and PLEASE show your progress!