Model Cars Magazine Forum

please name your favorite era of trucks

1955 - 1965. Big, purposeful, stylish without having to be gaudied up with tack-on chrome everything! Cars had chrome, trucks didn't!

Eventhough I was too young to notice at the time, the effects of that era reverberate even today.

I'm a 1970's-1980's fan. I love the trucks, and all the 3 and 4 color paint schemes. A lot of your accessories were color matched to the truck, like air cleaners. I like that look.

I do love my chrome, but as I have seen with so many trucks, you can really cross the line of good taste with chrome. I know my Pete(see "Miss Debra Ann on the 1:1 reference page to judge for yourself) had a lot, but I always asked myself before adding an accessory," Is this too much? Did I go too far this time?" I can remember seeing in a magazine where, and this is no exaggeration, a black Kenworth w900 had every one of its interior surfaces, walls, and everything else other than the seats, covered with stainless panels as if the truck was dipped in chrome. This included the floor, door panels, ceiling panels, and not just for accent. It literally covered everything. Now that's way beyond good taste.

• 2 months later...