Model Cars Magazine Forum

The one model you are most proud of.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the one I am the most proud of....far far from being perfect or show winner,but it's the first build I done since 1997,I chose this "Snap" kit 'cuz it was cheap and if I messed it up then I wouldn't be out much....another reason why it's my favorite is because I tried a lot of "first" time things on it,plumbing/wiring,"used"look,etc.,....she was a great learning tool with the help from all the teachers here!!

051-2.jpg

I have wanted to build this one for a long time but the paint scheme and hood scoop scared me off till this year.

IMG_7573.jpg

IMG_7575.jpg

IMG_7579.jpg

Man I grew up in this era and those 70's pro-stocks were my favorite. This Dick Landy Dart just blew me away, Beautiful model!!!!

i dont think its the best i have ever built, or the most complicated or detailed, but i am extremely proud of the job Jairus Watson did on the graphics, all hand painted, at my request. He even dreamed up the other side of the truck which at the time i could not come up with a photo of. this is destined for the reggae archive at my friend roger steffens place, just a matter of me wanted it to leave my immediate area.

dscn8864tv4.gif

dscn8868ge0.gif

William, I love this build . . . it's got enough charm and character to be memorable. Great job, chap. Best, DC