Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Highs and Lows of Model Building...

Steve H.

Are both on my bench right now!

Its been quite a while since I've been on the board... Way too much going on in life right now... but I still try to get some time in daily!

The 55 Street Freak is coming along... the engine and chassis are finished. I laid down the MetalSpecks red paint and it crazed on the left side of the body. Oh well, I'm just going to finish it as-is, it'll only be a shelf model, anyway

P1010012-vi.jpg

The Hot Rod is cast by a local guy. Pretty nice work for a newbie. I'm building it using the Edmunds Modified (Revell Modified racer and trailer kit) for the frame, engine and running gear. It's an oddball conglomeration, but I think it'll work in the end.

P1010009-vi.jpg

Cool stuff, Steve! I remember when I was growing up, mid sixties, one of the pump jockeys here in Redwood City had a purple and white gasser looking '57 Safari! I was probably seven or so, and I think my chin just about reached the door sill. Had GTO seats and running gear, tube front axle. I have evrything in 1/25, i really should built it!

Cool stuff, Steve! I remember when I was growing up, mid sixties, one of the pump jockeys here in Redwood City had a purple and white gasser looking '57 Safari! I was probably seven or so, and I think my chin just about reached the door sill. Had GTO seats and running gear, tube front axle. I have evrything in 1/25, i really should built it!

Thats where this build comes from... I was 9-10 yrs old when the Street freaks were being built. Needless to say, I was pretty impressed! Makes me understand why kids now like monster trucks!

I like em both....when ever I see those jacked up leaf springs in the back...brings me back to my childhood (I'm 47) and that was the style. I build everything low but I will get around to doing one of those....soon. Just do me one favor, I saw an episode of Barry Whites Rod Shop "Rags to Riches" he did a 55 in the same style with similar paint....one thing he did that really made the car pop was....red tinted windows 8) Keep up the good work!!!!