Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 photoetch seatbelt hardware

Hey Scott...wanted to let you know i pulled my old Diest harness's out of the attic last night. gonna start getting them measured and drawn up for you. i am also gonna measure my photo etch ones too and the Simpsons that are currently in my El Camino. by the way what cad system are you using and what file formats does it like or can you open. i know you said your etcher uses .dwg's from you. i can save to that with no problems. Sorry its taken me a little bit to get this info to you.

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the note. I use TurboCad. It saves in it's own format, but can also save in a variety of other formats. I don't know if I can open files made by other programs, even if they are saved as DWGs. My etcher uses AutoCad, but they can open files in DWG, which is how I get stuff sent to them. I do have a DWG read-only program that I can open files with and look at, but I can't edit with it. I'm not sure where this leaves us...

Scott

Scott... I was taking a look at TurboCAD and the file formats that it supports depending on the version you have it can open a few file formats I can save from Solidworks. Besides Solidworks I also have AutoCAD so there won't be a problem saving them as a .dwg for you. I have started measuring some parts and will try to get them drawn up and sent over so we can see which works best for ya. Also does your version do both 2D & 3D or just 2D?