Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would you do? Mack B87/B61 with sleeper.

OK so this is what I got in the mail today from Dave over at AITM. Thanks Dave.

0524121239.jpg

So what I am trying to accomplish is making a B87 with a sleeper for a truck I am building. Dave sent me the two cabs as seen in the pic. Would it be easier to cut the front clip off the B87 and put it on the B81 cab or cut the back half of the cab off the B87 and graft the sleeper onto it?

i would take the front end from the b87 and put it on the sleeper cab. the bmodel cabs where all pretty much the same. or you could go with the mercury sleeper from the dimond reo kit. and you could build both b models

Yeah I decided to go the route of cutting the hood. I was surprised that th 12v fits perfect under the hood. The rig I am building is for (as much as I hate zombie ######) the post appocolyptic build up in the community builds but I assure you more B models are yet to come and I want to build a regular B87 with sleeper and 12v. I needed the integral sleeper because of the design. Here is the preview I did on sketchup. The rig itself is well kept by it's driver so it will look sharp as hell. I designed the driver (Rhiannon) a few years back and this is the rig I came up with:

B87GunTruckandRhi.jpg

B87GunTruckandRhi6.jpg

B87GunTruck12v71Detroit.jpg

Anybody got a suggestion for the aircleaners? They are off an MRAP.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

Anybody got any ideas on how to make the lever style door handles? Or where I may be able to get them?

I have also got my Dad's Tyrone Malone Super Boss kit (needs rebuilt anyhow) and tore it completely apart down to the last pieces. I plan to take all the intake tubing, turbos and intake box and most other parts besides the block and casting them all to use on this rig. I plan to rebuild the Super Boss and paint on all the stripes. Does anyone have the rest of the decals for the truck with the writing and such?

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

Final post here since this is for the post appocolyptic build. Just thought I would show you what I did. So if you want to watch the build check it out up top in community builds. OK so now the front has been trimmed, cut off the the hood and shaved the fenders. Realized I almost burned through one but stopped before doing so so it can be fixed. Still need to trim more resin out of the hood area and then cut it in half to hinge it. I chewed up the B87 cab mor then I had hoped so I am gonna cut the doors out of it so I can hinge them on the sleeper cab.

0525122213.jpg

yes I ground down thw brackets at the back of the fender so they look better.

0525122212.jpg

0525122211.jpg

0525122208.jpg

0525122209.jpg

Edited by ARTEMIS1759