Model Cars Magazine Forum

My most detailed build yet: GT-350R

Intmd8r

Steve,

Bigger photos with a bit more lighting would help us appreciate your time and effort more. Looks like you've done a lot of detail I'd like to see more of.

Keep posting results and hopefully improve the camera work.

Edited by Cato

The downside to using a high-def camera is the picture files are HUGE. The pictures were downsised to 15% of their original size in order to upload to this website (and still be able to upload more pics). You can see beter quality and more pics here: http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o533/Intmd8r01/ . Consider these "teaser" shots and be rest assured that finished product will have "better camera work". B)

To give the tires more of a race car look, I sanded the tread off of the tires making them race slicks. I sprayed the wells with clear dullcoat and sprinkled the tire shavings into the wet dullcoat. When dry, it works just as well as glue.

Thanks! I used PE parts for the horn button, door handles, window cranks, foot pedals, and the keys in the ignition. The steering wheel was hand painted, layering different shades of brown for the woodgrain affect. The horn button and guages are hand painted as well.