Model Cars Magazine Forum

10th Annual Goodguys PPG Hot Rod Nationals

Great pics..thanks for sharing. I drove across the entire state of Ohio, Thurs...from PA going to Indianapolis and saw alot of cars headed that way..I didnt see any of them in your pics..but I know thats where they had to be going.

Ron

Thanks very much for the great pics. The yellow '70 Yenko Deuce has me scratching my head. I've never seen those particular stripes on any Deuce before. Also, the car does not have the hood stripes, the LT1 insignias and appears not to have the hood mounted tach.

I know that Don Yenko would do, basically, whatever the customer wanted (within reason), so it COULD have had a different stripe package applied. Do you know if this car is some sort of a semi-clone or were they claiming the car is an original Yenko???

Thanks again.

P1080341-vi.jpg

Thanks very much for the great pics. The yellow '70 Yenko Deuce has me scratching my head. I've never seen those particular stripes on any Deuce before. Also, the car does not have the hood stripes, the LT1 insignias and appears not to have the hood mounted tach.

I know that Don Yenko would do, basically, whatever the customer wanted (within reason), so it COULD have had a different stripe package applied. Do you know if this car is some sort of a semi-clone or were they claiming the car is an original Yenko???

Thanks again.

P1080341-vi.jpg

I check the paperwork that was on the windshield, but it didn't say if it was clone or not. The stripes didn't look original (I've seen actual Yenko Novas before) so I assumed it was a clone. I could be wrong, though.

No, I tried finding which building they had the contest in, but as always. no one there could point me in the right direction.

The model car contest was in the round building with the glass walls, I went in there Sunday about noon and there were no models to be seen. The tables were still set up but the contest was done.

The Yenko Deuce was a clone.

They moved it to the Ohio building (the round one) this year for some unknown reason. I was curious to see how many people found it. I think we had a good turn out as I was only there Friday and we had 38 entries compared to the 48 total we had last year. FYI, the contest always starts on Friday and the cars need to be picked up by noon on Sunday. The make-n-take is a complete different topic.