Model Cars Magazine Forum

corvette pro mod

lou s

Yeah Lou, the body styles shown are early to mid 90's. Ironically I purchased just such a resin body on Ebay about three months ago that matches the first Summit picture perfectly. I have no idea who did the casting nor did the seller and the body has no identifying markings on it that would identify that either. It's the first and only time that I had ever seen that resin body done up in a pro mod style so I had to have it.

Wayne, If you make a few changes to it, you could cast it then. I would also want one.

Not to sound too harsh against your suggestion but this is the kind of mentatlity that I have been fighting against for years, ever since I started designing masters for resin casters. Some other caster comes along, makes minor changes to my design and decides to call it their own. I don't agree with this practice and I won't ever become one of those people.

I went ahead and dug out the resin body that I spoke of above and took a few shots so that anyone interested in finding one could see what it looks like. As well, if anyone knows any background on this body like who originally created it, I'm sure some folks here would be interested in knowing.

As you can see, it wouldn't take much to duplicate this body as it appears that the original creator simply added a relatively tame (for pro mod standards) rear wing and raised the tops of the front wheelwells. It's a decent casting with only minor pinholes needing attention.

DSC00509-vi.jpg

DSC00510-vi.jpg

DSC00511-vi.jpg

my hats off to all who can build a pro mod body.ive tried and its not pretty.im just looking to do a kuhlmann summit vette...........cutompainter thats a 68 corvette and here is a pic of the summit car...........what year is this second vette

post-9581-0-37256000-1340595769_thumb.pn

post-9581-0-38459500-1340595918_thumb.jp

Edited by lou s