Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

"DREAMSICLE" 49 MERCURY CUSTOM

bryan_m

Ok, this is the 3rd time i have tried to post this, photobucket is being stupid for some reason! LOL

heres my 49 merc custom. the paint is HOK, the interior is black n orange to match, the wheels and tires are 59 caddy parts, and i added the firestone lettering and the gold stripe to the tires with decals......

49m002.jpg

49m005.jpg

49m010.jpg

49m008.jpg

to give credit where it is due.....the exterior paint was done by Dr.Cranky. he sent it up to me and i just had to build it! thanks again virgil. i still have a couple cranky painted bodies here i have to build!

thanks for lookin guys!

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

I was going to say, that is some awesome paint work and I guess Cranky can do shiny!!! :lol: I forgot to mention that was some nice paint work on the ' 57 Chevy also, was that by you?

thanks Ron!

yea i painted the 57 chevy, but the merc is all Dr.cranky! i still have a few bodies here that i have to build, that were painted by Virgil......

cheers

bryan

yepper! ive used it on a couple builds......well not orange, but i have used ford engine blue as well.......what i did with this 57, was shoot the color on, and let it dry for a day, then i sanded it with 2000 grit paper, laid out the decals, then cleared it.... and of course sanded and buffed the clear as well....

kinda like doing an old custom lacquer job, you spray a coat, let it dry and then sand it smooth with 1500 grit........lay down another coat, sand it again......and keep repeating that until you end up with paint that is as smooth as glass, and looks 100 miles deep!

thanks again Ron!

bryan

Edited by bryan_m