Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

That girl has some rather odd arms. But the car is kinda cool. That grey sedan in the background looks like a '47 Frazer that shrank after it was washed. I like that one, too.

Edited by Harold

The grey car is a Lloyd LP 300. Lloyd was the small car brand of the Borgward group.

The red roadster is a Victoria Spatz (Sparrow). Victoria was actually a motorcycle manufacturer, and the Spatz was the only car they ever built.

The photo was taken at the 2011 Retro Classic show in Stuttgart, not a museum.

Correction: Victoria did build cyclecars cars between 1900 and 1912. So the Spatz was not the only car they ever built, but the only car they made between 1912 and their demise in 1969. The Spatz was built from 1956 to 1958 and about 1600 were completed. The body was made from fibreglass (GRP), and the chassis was sandwiched between the upper and lower shells. It was hence at least ten years ahead of its time in this respect.

I could see that with the Lloyd. You could start with that atrocious 1/32 scale 49 Ford Tudor by Pyro/Lindberg.

2011_03_12_7912_1024.jpg

But with the Spatz, I wouldn't know what to start with. Then look at those forged aluminium windscreen posts. I'm not a John Teresi by any stretch of the imagination, you know.

Also, do you realize how small those cars really were? In 1/25 scale, the Spatz would measure just 5 1/4 inches long.

Edited by Junkman