Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Chevrolet Camaro - Dale Jr. inspired

Hey Marc, great project and cool link for Jr's car..I'm betting he's having a lot of fun with it!!..I usually don't

post pics. in my replys but here's one I just did using HOK Planet green and Black Met. since you mention it as a possible color choice ;) ..anyway looking forward to seeing how this turns out

100_1509.jpg

Hey Marc, great project and cool link for Jr's car..I'm betting he's having a lot of fun with it!!..I usually don't

post pics. in my replys but here's one I just did using HOK Planet green and Black Met. since you mention it as a possible color choice ;) ..anyway looking forward to seeing how this turns out

100_1509.jpg

Thanks for the pic, Brian. Since I've now decided on Tamiya TS-20 Metallic Green, I'll file this image for future reference. The Tamiya Metallic Green is a little more "green" to my eyes and more what I'm looking for for this build.

Before I get too carried away on finishing the bodywork for primer, I need to make sure the interior fits properly, especially when one starts bashing parts from other kits. I'm using the kit interior tub, but with some changes. The first change is to use the dash panel from the "new tool" AMT Baldwin Motion Camaro. Had to make several mods to get it to fit, but it looks much better than the kit part and will be easier to put photoreduced gauges in the instrument panel. Removed the center console and filled in the holes. Removed the rear seat too. I'll fill this space with sheet styrene, a roll bar and possibly some audio equipment.

100_1423-vi.jpg

100_1424-vi.jpg

More updates to come later this weekend.