Model Cars Magazine Forum

peterbilt 379-done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi guys, my pete is done it's been a fun build even if its been interrupted few times because i spent 1 month out of town in july

and 2 weeks in august.next week i will be gone for 2 months....................so enough talking here are the pics enjoy

000_0063.jpg

000_0064.jpg

000_0065.jpg

000_0061.jpg

hi guys and thanks for the comments.for the differences between the 359 and 379 here are the ones that catch my eyes

different headlights brackets,signal lights attached to the headlights instead to be on the fenders,different dash,upholstery

pattern and i'm sure there's a whole lot more.for that i'm sure tim will be more than happy to help you cause he's the

red oval expert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Southgate. Heres some beautiful 359 features. Double round headlights, Marker lights on sides of fenders, Turn signals on top of fenders, Air horns are round at the ends, Cab lights also have round glass lenses, Vortox air cleaners are plumbed through the sides of the hood, Little spring preloaded door on side of hood, Entire hood is different, Battery boxes, Wipers operate from cowl area of the windshield to the center of the windshield post and visa versa, Optional AC unit mounted to the roof, And the Corvette style dash. Tube type aluminum wheels, Motors were either mechanical 3406B air to air Caterpillars, 444 Big Cam Cummins, or 318 2 cycle Detroits,

379 features. What mse op said. Different headlights brackets,signal lights attached to the headlights instead to be on the fenders,different dash,

Let me add to the 379 features. Hood is totally different, Air cleaners are plumbed through the cowl, Windshield wipers operate like on a car they clean to the drivers side and visa versa, Air horns have a rectangleular end to them, Cab lights have squareish type lens. Motors are electric. Let me explain that. Press the fuel pedal to the floor twice the motor only revs once. Thanks to the computer that controls everything. Thats why we call them electronic Cats, Cummins, and Detroits. Well thats all I could think of hope this all helps. :)

• 7 months later...