Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 corvette

bug1623

I like the way you handled the script on the engine. I've built this kit a few times and there are some issues. The front sits a little high for me but, easy fix, relocate the spindles upward by cutting them off and regluing them, or turn them up side down. The windshield is a horrible fit and may require some trimming so the dash fits right. I think it was designed to be fully assembled before paint. I've ran into a few problems with things fitting after paint and would suggest assembling as much as possible before paint, like the chassis and interior. There always seems to be a problem getting the rear wheels centered in the openings, i would suggest leaving the rear springs unattached until you have the axle exactly where you want it. A lot of people have said the side trim appears to go up hill. On one of mine I trimmed the front fender off a little at the bottom behind the wheel opening, this seemed to help to my eye. Hope that's not too much information, I just get excited when I see someone building this kit. Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you.

wow someones a vette guy nice cars like the blue drag car nice work i hope mine comes out half as good i ended up going a charcoal gray mettilic with black interior just finished putting the fabric on the seats il post pics of the sears and body as soon as the camera batteries are charged

I don't consider myself a Vette guy but, thanks. I like the early years up to '67. I never owned a full size one and never will. I started collecting them in 1962 and still have all the AMT annuals. I really like street rods and pickup trucks now and cars of the '50s. Hope I was of some help to you. Looking forward to some more pictures.