Model Cars Magazine Forum

New guy with some builds to share

Canada Jeff

Hi all.

I'm one of the new schmucks that's been crowding the place up lately. I thought I would put up some of my recent builds as sort of an introduction. Those who hang around the SA board, or even the Sunday Model Shows on the HAMB will have seen all of these before, but for the rest of you, here's some stuff for your enjoyment (hopefully)....

First, a couple of customs. A good old 49 Merc (this one's a Testor's metal body kit) and a Lindberg 53 Ford:

DSC01502.jpg

I rarely build replicas of real cars, but these two are significant to me. Ed Roth's Mysterion, and Gray Baskerville's 32 roadster:

DSC01486.jpg

Last, AMT's old reliable 40 Ford sedan delivery, chopped and dropped to the ground, Jimmy Flintstone's "Leadstone" body on an AMT 51 Chevy chassis, and two of the finest from the Fighting 501st:

DSC01494.jpg

(I threw in the Clone Trooper figures just for a laugh.... gawd, I am a massive nerd!)

Thanks for looking. Great community you've got here. I'm looking forward to spending more time checking it out and learning from you folks.

Thanks Ken. Here's a better profile shot of that one...

bd118c30.jpg

That really is a fantastic kit. Pick one up if you get a chance, it's very well engineered and bulds up quite nicely.

My best friend has a 1:1 quite like it, but his is still in "kit form" waiting for him to assemble and paint it. I built this one to motivate him. It doesn't seem to have worked.