Model Cars Magazine Forum

When was the Bandai STP turbine issued please

Hi, I have not posted for a while as taking a small break from modelling, mainly due to a new hobby and a new wife :D

But! I have to sell some stuff and one item happens to be my Bandai 1/12 STP racing car. I dont know anything about it but would like to know when this model was issued please. There is nothing on the box except Japanese text so I am a little lost.

Many thanks and hope to be posting some models soon, I just need to get started again. :)

John

Hi

I have built this kit a few years ago, the box is gone but I have the manual left but there is nothing in it that can

tell us what release date it was. I should guess around 1968-69.

This kit is very rare so it could bring you some money :-)

Thomas

Dscn0094.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks, I thought this was probably a single release for the year or year after the car was raced. Sorry it's sold now, got a reasonable price for what a I paid a while back and considering it was partially built. It was not a glue bomb but I always wonder why there are so many large scale models come up for sale partially built.

It could have been a very successful race car if it had won! Then again the authorities may still have changed the rules to kill it.

Thanks, John