Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vertex S13 Silvia

Ajay

As I have a soft spot for Japanese cars thought I'd make a start on this one - it's the recent Aoshima release which comes kerbside - http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS03977

so I plan to use the SR20DET engine from the earlier "stock" release in due course.

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS03873

Colour is Ford Radiant Red topped off with Zero pre-thinned clear and rims are Fujimi BBS LM's.

s13.jpg

s131.jpg

I'll post more progress as I make it - thanks for looking

Cheers

Andy

ive come to love these s13 more and more. ive got a 96 series two 240SX (aka silvia in japan) that i bought new, lowered and souped up a bit esp in the suspension dept but increasingly like the looks of the earlier versions of this car. ive built a later silvia (im not good at the designation numbers, s15 maybe?) but builds like this make me awfully tempted to build a s13. keep us posted on progress!

Just a couple of pics of the interior - pretty much oob except for SAS recaro drivers seat, steering wheel from my spares box & Mr Model p/e pedals. The main colour is a mix of matt black & white primer with

the inserts & seat in Humbrol matt enamel no.60.

v134.jpg

v135.jpg

Needs a bit of tidying up in places.

Thanks for looking

Andy

Andy,

I noticed alot of people giving you a hard time about the wheels on other forums, but to me they fit the car perfectly. Color choice is great too(i've built a red s13 silvia too..which i'll post new pics of soon since I recently redid a few things with it). Being an s13 fan myself I always have to check out the threads whenever anyone posts one. As always your builds are top notch, and I always look forward to seeing them completed, good luck with the rest of the build.

Gray

Andy,

I noticed alot of people giving you a hard time about the wheels on other forums, but to me they fit the car perfectly. Color choice is great too(i've built a red s13 silvia too..which i'll post new pics of soon since I recently redid a few things with it). Being an s13 fan myself I always have to check out the threads whenever anyone posts one. As always your builds are top notch, and I always look forward to seeing them completed, good luck with the rest of the build.

Gray

Thanks Gray - it's nice to find somebody in favor of my wheel choice - incidentally, although it's an S14, this was the general look I was aiming for.

v136.jpg

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Gray - it's nice to find somebody in favor of my wheel choice - incidentally, although it's an S14, this was the general look I was aiming for.

%7Boption%7D

Cheers

Andy

your welcome man, I almost exclusively post builds only on this forums because people don't try and push how they think you should build a kit on here, AF has gotten bad about that lately. Like I said, I'm an s13 fan(having owned a real one a few years back) and I like them all pretty much no matter how they've been done...s13's look good with big lipped wheels, or flat wheels..it doesn't matter. I had seen that s14 thats your inspiration before(downloaded the pics as well) and I'll say its a very clean example of a fixed up s14, and your s13 does a good job of showing where its inspiration is from. Like I said earlier all of your builds are top notch, and this one certainly keeps that standard up...keep up the good work.

Gray

your welcome man, I almost exclusively post builds only on this forums because people don't try and push how they think you should build a kit on here, AF has gotten bad about that lately.Gray

You took the words right outta my mouth! ;) Anyway, Andy, you already know how I feel about the build! B)B)B)

;) That is looking SHARP B) I agree with everyone else (even about the other forum), it's your model, you build it how YOU want it. The wheels look great with this body style and color. The engine is killer, the wheels are stunning, the paint is flawless.... Keep up the great work.

STEVE ALLEN

Thanks for the positive coments guys - I've got round to finishing the engine bay (still needs a couple of things tidying up).

v137.jpg

Cheers

Andy

hmmm..

mvc-211s.jpg

looks right on to me Andy..I think you are the first person to build the motor in one of these as it is out of the box, and it looks darn convincing to me.

Great work

on a side note..I didn't realize I wasn't the only person slightly disgruntled with AF....hmm

Gray

Edited by stryfe101

dang! now you did it! made me go out and buy another kit!!!

thanks a lot man!!!

:P

(ok girlfriend is out of the room...)

seriously, thanks a LOT man!!!

:P

i got the earlier one you show there, with the motor. dont know when i will get to it but im planning another nissan assault this winter.