Model Cars Magazine Forum

194? Chevy Farm Beater Truck

I had some free time today away from work and what not. I decided it'd be a pretty good day to go about starting a new build. I decided, I want something I can use as a project for when I get tired of other builds I am doing. I just won a parts lot on e-bay that I remembered finding a 1949 I believe Chevy pickup?.. It is missing ALOT of parts, I didnt notice how much was gone when I bid on it but I bought it and now I have somewhat of an idea of what I will be doing this should come together slowly but surely.

I am missing All suspension, Wheels, Tires, Bumpers, Tail gate, Engine, Trans, Dash, Seats, I gotta dig to find the glass, Sideskirts were gone for below the doors ETC. So I didnt wanna just throw the body out, So I am deciding to build a truck you might find on a farm. One the kids take 4 wheeling, They use it to haul stuff and just a good ol farm truck.

I dug through my parts box, I found a set of mud tires and rims, Two rear axles, I'll have to see if I can use one to build a front axle (A task I dont know if I am ready for, but no times better then now to find out right) I will build the leaf springs out of styrene as well as shackles to give it the lift. I have a Chevy 350 engine that was painted but it will need a intake manifold and carb which ill find.

Plan is to try my luck at rusting and denting this old bone up. It will be a piece for the diorama I am building to sit out back of a old shed. Hopefully I can pull this off, I have not the slightest clue as to how I rust or dent a vehicle but I am going to do alot of reading on the subjects and hopefully I can get this truck finished and you all will approve of it. This will be the first time I kit bash, Rust, Custom build anything. In my past models they've all been built box stock and maybe swapped a set of wheels or paint difference. Hopefully this one turns out well. Thanks for taking the time to look at the plans and I will upload pictures soon to show you what I am starting with.

I use acrylic paints and a cosmetic sponge to do rusting... I'll PM you more info on how I do mine bro...

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I've been sitting on youtube for hours just now watching how to videos. Its easier when your able to ask questions while doing it. Thanks again.