Model Cars Magazine Forum

1990 Mustang LX Speedster

Darin Bastedo

Roof i don't need no stinkin' roof!...

Ok, I know a bunch of you are still steaming over the Revell LX Mustang, but I've been wanting to build this for a while...

dy_mustangmid_engine_speedster-vi.jpg

I'll probably keep mine front engined for simplicity sake, and make the rear scoop a brake scoop. I am still waiting for the LX I ordered to arrive, of course if anyone bought one of these and wanted to give up theirs, having more than one would make the project easier. :D

I have always liked this concept, and it would certainly solve the kit issues. When you get your kit, I look forward to seeing you do this. :)

Edit Note: Casey used to cast a wheel insert very similar to what that car illustration has, and Jada/Dub line in 1/32nd scale has a set of wheels that can provide a center if you are willing to sleeve.

Edited by whale392

I am still waiting for my dozen as well, Darin. I am working with the kit Ed sent me right now to try and correct some of the off proportions (and get everything laid out for an LX Hatch conversion, maybe).

I look forward to seeing you pull this off. What drivetrain are you going to use, the kits? (it is really quite nice)

I am still waiting for my dozen as well, Darin. I am working with the kit Ed sent me right now to try and correct some of the off proportions (and get everything laid out for an LX Hatch conversion, maybe).

I look forward to seeing you pull this off. What drivetrain are you going to use, the kits? (it is really quite nice)

I'm not sure. I'm thinking of possible going High tech with the engine...a lot depends on what will fit once I get the kit.

I can tell you that with just a bit of shaving to the trans tunnel and a bit of work to the trans crossmember, the Revell 99 Cobra engine will fit, and the blower from the Super Stallion will fit down onto the 99 Cobra engine (as the Super Stallion kit engine is a 5.0L Pushrod block they adapted 4.6 heads to).

I got my case of kits Friday, so you should be getting yours soon (as you are in the same region of the country I am).