Model Cars Magazine Forum

´69 Camaros

Twist67

Hi there,

after Oldstyle and me had finished our last project,the two Peterbilt Cabovers we thought about a new challenge.After some brainstormiing we finally started with the ´69 Camaro from Revell.We both wanted to build the COPO Camaro.Mine will be with ZL-1 option.The ZL-1 will be hugger orange.I´m started a second one at the same time which will be an Yenko Camaro.The Yenko will be "Olympic"Gold with white Yenko decals.

First I sanded off the trimlines on the fenders and also the camaro sings etc.I want to use some photoetched parts from MCG.I primered the Body and painted it with orange,the grill was painted ALlclad Aluminium.The rims are Resincast steelwheels.We´ll add some Hubcabs from Modellhaus.The engine was also painted with Allclad aluminium.I added some Headers from an 69 Corvette kit.

Here are some first pictures

zl1copo001.jpg

zl1copo004.jpg

zl1copo006.jpg

zl1copo007.jpg

More progress on my Camaros and Oldstyle´s will follow,soon.

Cheers,Chris

Hi there,

Oldstyle,this one is looking great.I think we are building a nice Camaro Combo..

I made some progress on my copo.The detailing on the engine bay is mostly complete...have to mount some wires,carb and other things.

zl1copo008.jpg

The interior is mostly finished except some little more detailing..

zl1copo009.jpg

The Grill was sanded out from the backside

zl1copo010.jpg

The exterior paint looks a bit diffenrent in the daylight

zl1copo011.jpg

I also started my second Camaro built,this time an Yenko SC. I wanted to paint it gold with some white stripes like the one on the next picture

gold69yenko.jpg

but things went wrong two times...the paint looks okay on the picture but the paint from that spraybottle racted with the Revell plastic so I have to strip down the paint two times.....maybe I´ll give it a try later..

69yenkofirsttry.jpg

I changed the colorchoice,took another kit out of the shelf and sanded down the trimlines on the fender,the emblems etc.Primered the body,smooth sanding and than spraying the new paint on the body.This is ym new colorchoice

green69yenko.jpg

69yenko001.jpg

The model will be looking like the original except the wheels..I´ll use the ones coming along with the Revell Yenko Kit.During the problems with the gold paint I made some progress on the yenko engine,it´s mostly completed and also made some progress on the interior.Pictures will follow later.....

Cheers,Chris

Hi there,

Uwe,the interior is looking great.I´ve seen it in person and I love the way it came out....

Today the Hubcaps from modelhaus arrived and I went downstairs to see how they will look on the painted rims....For me it works nice...Great resinmolds and very nice chrome...

zl1copo024.jpg

zl1copo025.jpg

zl1copo028.jpg

More progress later this week....I think it will be finished,soon..Engine and interior mostly complete except some small details...The body needs some smooth sanding and polishing...and I hope the MCG photoetched parts will arrive soon..

Cheers,Chris

The wheels are what do it for me. Nothing like a high powered muscle car with little poverty caps. A tough look.

I agree, I love the understated look of the COPOs and will be really interesting to see how these builds turn out. So far, I like it a lot! :) I have got one of the Yenko kit on the shelf, so I guess it's about time...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

it´s been a long time since I´ve started the Camaro project but now it´s nearly finished.Made some work on the interior and the last parts are added to the engine and all is glued together.I still have to do some small details and rework like on the right exhaust tip,the licenseplates and some small things,but here are the last in progress pictures:

zl1copo042.jpg

zl1copo046.jpg

zl1copo047.jpg

zl1copo050.jpg

zl1copo051.jpg

zl1copo053.jpg

zl1copo054.jpg

Pictures of the complete car will follow soon on the Under Glas section.

Thanks for looking and the nice compliments.

Cheers,Chris