Model Cars Magazine Forum

Our friend and fellow member Larry (Big Ed)

jeffs396

It is with a heavy heart that I must give all of you the bad news that our friend Larry has passed away :(

092.jpg

I just got a phone call from his beloved wife Cindy this evening. I've been thinking about the big guy lately, wondering why we haven't heard from him in awhile. I feel terrible that I hadn't talked to him for several months. I didn't know he was sick again, I assumed he was burned out with building & just not posting, just like we all do sometimes.

I never had the chance to meet my friend in person (we tried several times to get together, but for different reasons it just never happened). We used to talk by phone and email, but not often enough :(

This great man will be sorely missed. He could always put a smile on my face with his wit and unique style of posting! His scratchbuilding skills were off the chart B) I so wish his AWESOME Rockwells would have made it into production so we could all have the chance to use them on a build.

005.jpg

100_0236.jpg

He had such incredible builds too:

000_0070_00.jpg

392_zps361b899d.jpg

Rest in Peace my friend, love ya! :)

I remember that white Dodge very well, It's one of my favorite models on the forum because of its realism and simplicity. I'm sorry to hear he passed away. He was an excellent builder and sounds like a nice guys, I hope he keeps building at the workbench in the sky.

This to me is very sad news not too many guys out there build the builds like he and i do Larry was an inspiration his builds went above and beyond the norm i was blown away by this news gonna miss him and his work my thoughts and prayers go out to he and his family

Willie